The Gunter EDC is committed to improving the local and regional economy by creating wealth through new jobs, business retention, and expansion, increasing the tax base, and recruiting new business.
The following is a summary of activities and projects that the EDC has completed in support of the community.
- Gunter Park Improvements - playset, fencing, irrigation, ballfield maintenance, and purchase of a concession trailer
- Gunter Library and Museum
- Gunter Volunteer Fire Department
- Gunter ISD Scholarship program
- Networking Events
- Partnered with the City for Impact Fee Study
- Partnered with the City to extend and repair water lines for a retail strip center
- USDA Grant Program
Board of Directors
Membership of the board consists of seven volunteers who reside within the city limits or ETJ. Members serve for two-year staggered terms. Meetings normally occur on the first Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Steven Williams - President, Place 7
John Alzner - Vice President, Place 3
Cheyrl Cohagen - Treasurer, Place 4
David Long, Place 6
Tony Miorin, Place 5
Kelly Teems, Place 1
Vacant, Place 2
1st Thursday of each month – 6:00 pm
Gunter City Hall
Upcoming meeting dates can be found on the Event Calendar and agendas are posted 72 hours prior to the meeting on the website and the bulletin board outside the main entrance door at City Hall. Notices which must be advertised are published in the official city paper.